Drive for ECI
Work at your pace.
Be your own boss.
Make our deliveries your business!
Join a growing network of independent delivery drivers across eight states.
Whether you’re already doing business as an independent contractor or want to explore
an opportunity to invest in yourself, a partnership with Express Courier
puts you in the driver’s seat of a rewarding career.
Find the closest branch.
“I like knowing I’m responsible for what I get done. At the end of the day I feel a sense of pride knowing I’ve accomplished my goals. Customers count on me to deliver the things they need to complete their own work, so I’m motivated to be successful, both for myself and for them.”
– Ryan, driver for ECI
Why Drive for Express?
Starting your own delivery business is easy with Express Courier. If you have a vehicle, a clean driving record, and a dedication to customer service then you’ll find partnership opportunities with us. Many independent drivers started with a car or minivan then grew to larger vehicles and eventually created their own delivery teams. Whether you’re running a delivery business with a single vehicle or a team of drivers, Express Courier can help you achieve your business goals while you help us grow our business.
We strive to delight our customers while giving you the support and technology needed to succeed. Our customers include retail stores, hospitals and companies across all industries who rely on us to deliver packages across the Southeast. Our delivery partnerships can include scheduled routes and on-demand deliveries. We never stop working to get packages where they need to be and reward independent delivery drivers who go above and beyond to ensure our customers get the service they expect.
- Flexible schedules – Work when it works for you – days, nights, weekends.
- Unlimited earning – The more you deliver, the more you earn.
- Training – We’ll provide training to help grow your business. No experience needed.
- Weekly Payments – We issue weekly settlements based on deliveries you made.
- Safety First – Our top priority is your safety.
What you could deliver:
- Business documents, including confidential paperwork, legal documents and interoffice mail.
- Medical items, including lab work, biological samples, equipment and medication.
- Critial parts such as computer parts, automotive parts and electronic pieces.
- Retail items like clothing, shoes, beauty products, food. Really anything sold online.
- Office supplies, including packs of paper, pens, keyboards and desktop items.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must own your own vehicle.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
- Must have Liability Insurance on vehicle. (Minimum Liability requirements are 100,000/300,000 in Bodily Injury and 50,000 in Property Damage.)
Got Questions about Driving for Express Courier?
You’ll find answers to common questions about being a delivery driver in our frequently asked questions (FAQs).
What our independent delivery drivers say.
“I like being my own boss and not having a set schedule which allows me to do on-demand work or a scheduled route or an out-of-town delivery. I enjoy driving and exploring new areas of my state. Delivering a package may send me anywhere driving a back road or highway I haven’t been on before. I enjoy helping others, making sure my customers are happy and helping other drivers be successful so they can provide for their families.”
–Terry, driver for ECI
“Working as an independent driver is a fulfilling job for me. It requires a lot of responsibility and can be challenging sometimes, but I enjoy what I do. For me, having a dedicated route that delivers to the same customers every day allows me to have a set schedule. I’m able to get to know my customers better and provide the best service.”
–Franko, driver for ECI
“It wasn’t long after I retired that I realized I couldn’t just sit on the couch. I wanted to stay active, so I decided that driving and delivering was a good fit for me. I do on-demand delivery because it offers something
different every day and I enjoy that.“
–Gaston, driver for ECI
Prior to orientation acceptance, all new applicants must provide or have Express Courier run a current Motor Vehicle Report from the state in which the applicant’s driver’s license was issued. In addition, Motor Vehicle Reports will be checked annually on all DC’s under contract
Any applicant whose driving record has any of the following characteristics in the last five years does not meet the requirements and will be declined or their contract will be terminated.
- Driving under the influence
- Driving while impaired
- Driving while in possession of alcohol or drugs
- Driving with a suspended or revoked license
- Vehicular manslaughter
- Vehicular homicide
- Vehicular assault
- A felony in which a vehicle is used
- Reckless driving
- Hit and run
- Eluding a police officer
- Refusal to submit to a blood, urine, or breathalyzer test
- Speeding exceeding 100 mph (or speeding in excess of 25 mph over the limit)
- Speed contest, drag racing
- More than two at-fault accidents or four moving violations
- Other violations and accidents on MVR will be reviewed by Express Courier compliance for acceptability.
We are always accepting new applications for Indenpendent Delivery Driver. – Get started now
Contact a branch in your area. – Click here
Immediate Needs – Click here